I know, another goals post. But hey, it’s January, and my brain is crammed full of ideas for the new year. I covered the long term ones already, so now let’s focus on the short term.
- Put together and order our 2014 Family Yearbook. Every year since my daughter was born, I put together a yearbook of our family – crammed full of photos, with the occasional story to go with. I take an insane amount of pictures, and this is a great way to document our years together, and so much fun to go back and look through. I do all of this digitally, simply for ease. I find it much more efficient for me. Normally I use Shutterfly, but now that I have Adobe Lightroom, I may try Blurb as it is integrated directly with Lightroom.
- Begin filling in the books pictured below. I received these as gifts for Christmas and am SO EXCITED to start them! I’ve always wanted to try out a Smashbook, but never really wanted to pay for one myself to test it out. Perfect gift! And the Draw Your World book is filled with the most fun little prompts for sketching – something I desperately need to work on doing more of! The Q&A book was something I snagged for myself, just for fun! Each day it gives you a little prompt, and space to fill in an answer with the year next to it. Then, below it, are spaces for four more answers for four different years. So this is a five year journal, in that I’ll answer the same questions each year and see how my answers change from year to year. I love that!
- Utilize the IGGPPC website more. I joined in August or September of 2014, and signed up for a penpal, but that was it. Granted, my penpal never responded past one email, but there is still so many fun things to do on the site! I’d like to participate a bit more, most especially in the form of their 30 Day Photo Challenges. I love photo challenges, even though I completely suck at keeping up with them.
- Pick a piece of piano music and start learning it. To be honest, I’m pretty sure I know what piece I’m going to pick, but I may switch it. Playing piano again is a massive 2015 goal for me, and I intend to get started right away. I’m aiming for an absolute minimum of 15 minutes a day. I know that sounds like such a small bit, but it’s enough to get me into a habit, and then I can up it further in the year.
- Relax! For the first time since what feels like October, I have ZERO plans for projects. I get to do WHATEVER I WANT!! Which means I plan on catching up on my Netflix shows, and focusing on some art that is just for me!
- Join Bookworms In Dresses new link up – Fictional Fridays! For a couple months I’ve been doing 5 Fandom Fridays, and I’m getting a bit burnt. I was looking for a change and one just happened to fall into my lap, and from one of my favorite bloggers no less! I’m not committing to every Friday (at least not ’til I get in the groove of it), but I want to do at least two this month, especially since January has five Fridays.
- Email a few artists about interviews here on the blog. I have the drafts ready, and the interview questions prepped if they agree. I need to just send the emails. The worst people can say is no, and that’s not the end of the world. And (unless I blog about it) no one will no except me. So there, self, just hit the send button!!
- Make a decision about my new blog design. By which I mean figure out if I’m designing it myself, or hiring someone. Trust me, just because I”m artsy does NOT mean I have design skills. I don’t. And I know it. OR, if I do decide to do it myself, nail down a design, at least in Photoshop form.
- Promote more. I want to work on promoting my posts more. I feel I am truly comfortable in my blog skin now, and I’d like to start sharing my work around! This will mean more work, with designing images to pin and post on IG, but I feel it’s worth it. Also, if I can work it into our budget, I’d like to buy some space on other blogs to advertise. This would be a double whammy of promoting and supporting the awesome bloggers I love!