Natalie, over at Natalie Patalie, tagged me for this fun little tag where I answer some questions that she has provided! This is pretty much perfect timing as I was going back and forth about whether or not to post today…Sunday is usually a Life In Photos day, but I don’t really have enough pics to write a whole post, and now I don’t have to worry about it! Plus, random facts are fun. 😀
1. If you could have one superpower for a day, what would it be and what would you do with it?
This is a hard one. But if it’s just for one day, I’m going to have to go with mind reading. It would bring people watching to a whole new level. Now that I’m writing it, it really sounds a bit creeper-ish, but I would completely love to be able to pick up strangers thoughts. I’m just fascinated by people’s inner workings – I think it’s why I love personal blogs and memoirs so much.
2. What’s your most bizarre pet peeve?
The only ones I’m thinking of are grammar related. When people misuse the word ‘literally’ – I want to slap them. And when people use the word ‘loose’ when they mean ‘lose’, as in, “I hope I didn’t lose my wallet.” ”Loose’ means ‘too big’ as in, “These pants are too loose.”. I constantly see ‘loose’ being used in place of ‘lose’ online, and it drives me FREAKING BANANA SANDWICH. ….end rant.
3. Tell us about the person that knows you the best.
My first though was, hey, I know me best! But really, I think the person that knows my personality best is my mum. We’ve always had a very special bond. She knows how I’m feeling without me having to say it. And, when I was younger, on the two occasions in my life that I locked myself out of the house (pre-cell phone time) she always showed up about five minutes after I got home, having left work early just, ‘knowing something was wrong’. Pretty crazy, but pretty awesome.
4. What’s the last book you read that you really loved?
Fangirl, by Rainbow Rowell. It was the first book we read in the NovelTea book club, and I just adored it. The characters, the story – all of it. Excellent.
5. What’s your favorite wintertime drink?
Tea! But that’s really my favorite anytime drink. I could also say the ‘Birthday Punch’ we make every year only on my daughter’s birthday. I got the recipe from my BFF”s mum and it’s so great: Cranberry-pomegranate juice + seltzer water + gingerale. Serve with ice. Yum!
1. What’s your favorite meal to cook?
2. Tell us about one fictional character you absolutely loathe.
3. What is the first/your oldest memory you can think of?
4. Pen or pencil?
5. Describe the location of your perfect house, and the house itself if you’re feeling ambitious!