I missed last week’s weekend posts so there’s a lot to catch up on this week! Enjoy!
- I can’t applaud this Texas town enough for what they did with an abandoned WalMart building. I wish all abandoned property had this happen!
- I need one of these Piggyback Riders STAT. It would make hiking trips with the little SO much easier, and she would love the view.
- Media for Misfits had this great post on different contemporary comic artists and their art.
- This article from the Frozen Moon about being an Anti-Mommy Mom sits near and dear to my heart. It’s long, but it covers the feeling that for her, being a mom isn’t enough – she has to be her own person too. I struggled with that (and the guilt that comes with it) around my daughter’s first birthday, and I can so relate to her post! A fave quote from it: “I want to BE a bigger picture, one where motherhood is just the part of the color scheme in the art of my life.” SO MUCH YES.
- Celebrity guests on Sesame Street rarely disappoint – Hello Giggles rounds up some of the best!
- Minor confession: I have been SUPER disappointed with the Final Fantasy games since FFXII. (I’ve never played FFX, so I can’t judge those). This article about why it’s okay to (possibly) be excited about FFXV, and pretty much describes my exact feelings on the subject of FF.
- Mirrors + trees = this amazing photography. Seriously, check this out.
- The new trailer for Insurgent is up and I am actually really disappointed. Maybe it’s because I am always cynical about book-to-movie adaptations, but this was just a disappointment. I feel like it’s entirely catered to 3D, doesn’t actually give any sense of the story, and as far as I can remember (though it’s been awhile), this ‘scene’ has NOTHING to do with the book. I know it’s a teaser trailer, but really? Grumble frumble. Your thoughts?
- One of my favorite YouTubers Mary Doodles has started a new series called How To Art! I know this may seem like a weird pick, as I consider myself pretty competent in the how-to-art department, but I love seeing other artists process and thoughts on the subject. I feel you can never have too much info on a subject you love. Part 1 and Part 2 are up, with more to come! I really like Part 1, and her thoughts on art in general.
- Lastly, what I feel is the most important link this week, is this post from KimiWho about boycotting Black Thursday. I feel Thanksgiving is a time to celebrate family and friends, and that’s IT. Definitely read her article, and share the graphic she provided!
And now, some spectacular Sailor Moon fan art.
AHHHHHHH! I am dying of joy over here. Art noveau is one of my favorite art styles, and this series by DA User eri-phyle is just spectacular!! Click her username to see her gallery, which has lots more individual Sailor Scout artwork.