I really, really loved making a goals post last month. It helped keep me organized, was a great motivator, and in general made me feel more productive. I’m certainly continuing the trend for October!
- Paint pumpkins for Halloween. I never really decorate too much for holidays, with the exception of Christmas. But Halloween is so much fun, and my little loved painting pumpkins last year so I definitely want to do it again!
- Go to a fair. This is kind of a two-part goal, part one being ‘save the money to go to a fair’. But I must do at least ONE fair before the season ends!
- Clean off our sun porch. We have a small sunporch with glass windows. It has the problem of being a greenhouse in the summer (completely suffocating heat) and frigid in the winter since it has no heat going out to it. This makes it hard to use as a ‘room’ so it has become a storage area. A completely messy, unorganized storage area. I really want to fix that before the cold sets in.
- Complete a sketch-a-day challenge. I think this is going to be my hardest goal to complete. I have a hard enough time staying on track with a photo-a-day challenge, let alone one where I have to sit down and draw something! But, I’ve always wanted to do one, so this is the month I give it my first try!
- Make 3 more Christmas presents. My list of presents to make is still pretty big, so I need to keep whittling away at it!
- Purchase ad space on other blogs (for November). This goes with last months goal of finding blog I want to advertise on. I didn’t do that, so now I need to do both and be ready to go for November.
- Continue my 3 ongoing series. I really like only have three regular series – WIP Wednesdays (on Wednesday, duh), Links to the Past (Fridays), and Life In Photos (Sundays). It leaves me plenty of free post days, but also gives me a fallback if for some reason I have nothing else for the week.
- Look into/install Disqus. The reason for this is only because I have no idea if other people ever see the responses I write to their comments. I know that on blogs without Disqus, I generally never see the follow up from the blogger. I opt not to check the ’email me notices about follow-up comments’ button because I don’t like receiving an email about every other person who comments – I just want to see replies to my comments and that’s it! I’d love some reader feedback – do those of you not using WordPress see my responses? Do you prefer Disqus? Thanks in advance for any input!
- Contact people about artist features. Sigh. I really have to do it. Send people emails! I don’t know why this makes me so nervous. Even if people say no it changes absolutely nothing in my life, but for some reason I can’t bring myself to hit send. I must overcome!
- Promote my posts on Instagram. After over a year, I finally feel comfortable blogging. I’ve met some great people online, and finally feel like me when I write here. Therefore, I’d like to take little steps to promote my blog some! I love Instagram as a social media platform (what can I say, I love pictures!), so I’d like to start promoting my posts there and see if it brings in any new readers.
There you have it! I’ll check in at the end of the month and see how it all turns out.