As September comes to a close, I am happy to say that I feel prepared for October! Often at this time of year, I feel as if time is just flying by and I am behind on absolutely everything. This year, I honestly feel caught up with the major stuff, and have a decent balance in most aspects of my life! I think planning out my goals, my posts, and a vague ‘schedule’ for my art goals has helped with that tremendously. I love being able to look in my planner and see what I have coming in the week, or what I know I need to accomplish before a certain date. Here’s hoping I can stick with it! For now, let’s see how I fared with September’s goal list.
- Bake at least three new recipes. SUCCESS! I made Gooey Chocolate & Cream Cheese Cupcakes, attempted French Macarons from scratch, and also made Honey Nut Cookie Sandwiches which I opted not to post about as they were rather underwhelming. Though I did learn I like macadamia nuts, so bonus?
- Take a big (1 hour +) walk at least three days a week. SUCCESS! We actually walked close to five days a week, but they weren’t all the big long walks. Sometimes the three year old just isn’t into a giant walk!
- Back another Kickstarter project. FAIL. No excuses here; I never even looked for one! However, I do have one on the horizon – a game called War of Zodiarcs that looks so right up my alley. It isn’t yet ready for crowdfunding, but if you like strategic JRPGs, definitely check out the link!
- Finally replace the breaking, leaning bookshelf in our bedroom. FAIL. We went to IKEA. We found a bookshelf we liked. Then we found a different option we liked better, but didn’t have the measurements for where we wanted to put it. So we came home, measured, it won’t fit, and now we’re back to where we started with no bookshelf. Sigh.
- Complete at least three art Christmas gifts. SUCCESS! I actually completed four! Go me!
- Continue my WIP Wednesday posts. SUCCESS! I am loving using this as a motivator, and also loving the positive feedback on my art. It makes me feel all warm and glowy inside!
- Cut back on Can’t Get Enough posts. SUCCESS! I didn’t do a single one, but that was mainly because of a lack of free post days. I have at least one on deck for October.
- Make myself a damn blog button!!! SUCCESS! I made a couple, and Jessica of the Pyreflies was an absolute doll and made me some out of the kindness of her heart!! However, I haven’t actually uploaded them and made them available for button grabs yet, but it will be done this week.
- Look into buying sponsor space on other blogs. FAIL. It’s at the top of my to-do blog list, but I haven’t yet visited sites, written down costs, or made any decisions about where I want to advertise.
- Put plans in motion to feature artists. SUCCESS! This is a really tiny success haha. All I’ve really done is make the list of people I want to email/contact, but I haven’t actually SENT any inquiries! Deep breaths, I can do this!
- Complete this video game blog challenge. SUCCESS! I had a lot of fun doing this challenge, but I have no intention of doing one again soon. It ate up basically ALL my free post slots (I don’t like to post more than once a day, so I consider a day with a post scheduled ‘unavailable’ for another). In fact, I had to post EVERY SINGLE day in September just to complete it (I skipped September 11 because I didn’t want to blog about 9/11, so I took a ‘blog silence’ day if you will). I have nothing against posting every single day, but I want it to be on my terms, not because I feel like I need to.
Not too shabby! I’m quite happy with everything I accomplished this month. Stay tuned for October goals this week!
9 thoughts on “September Goals Wrap Up”
Congratulations on meeting most of your goals!
Congrats girl!! I see a lot of green Success’s!! 🙂
Good job! Meeting goals feels so good! Congrats! <333
Congrats on the goal progress. I’d have to say I managed a big fat 0 on all on my big projects for the month, but here’s to better luck next month. Also, thank you for mentioning War of Zodiarcs. We really appreciate any attention we can get. 🙂
Quite welcome! The game looks great – it’s one of both the hubs and my fave game genres, so I’m happy to support!
Congrats on meeting so many of your goals!