The Nerdy Girlie has been hosting a link-up of blogger confessions, and it’s been such a blast reading others. Definitely makes me feel better knowing bloggers I admire share the same struggles as myself!
I feel like I could sum up all my confessions by just screaming, “I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I’M DOING” but I’ll elaborate a bit.
1. I have no clue about my blog numbers. With the exception of how many bloglovin’ followers I have, because that shows up when I go to my profile. But in terms of pageviews, followers via other means (WordPress, email) I am clueless. I’ve honestly never checked. Even though I’ve been blogging for over a year, I only recently feel like I’ve become comfortable with it, so I’ve yet to really dig into that stuff.
2. I only recently started planning my posts. As mentioned, I’ve been blogging for over a year, and almost that whole time I was winging it. Rarely writing posts ahead of time, or planning out content. Let me tell you, planning is so much easier and less stressful. Being organized about my posts has given me a whole new love of blogging.
3. I knew nothing about blogging when I began. Normally I’m the type of person who has to research something to death before I dive in. But I knew if I did that with blogging, I’d get way too full of self-doubt and never start one. So I just read a couple blogs, picked a free layout in WordPress and dove in. I think it definitely made my first year rockier, but at the same time I learned a lot about what I like and don’t like for my own blog.
4. I still don’t feel like I fit a category. I often feel like my blog isn’t too cohesive as I blog about such random topics. From art, geek stuff, pop culture, heavier topics, recipes, music – I tend to just write about whatever I feel like sharing. I like that, but I do wonder what my readers think.
5. I finally feel comfortable blogging! This is such a big step for me! I finally feel like I am comfortable in my own blog, and that I’m writing in my own voice. It definitely took me a long time to get here, but now that I am I can’t wait to keep going with my blog!
Make sure you check out The Nerdy Girlie’s original post, and then write your own to link up!