Can we discuss just how happy I am that the first of the month happens to be a Monday? It makes my brain so happy that this post and my new header can all be displayed at the beginning of the week. Like a double fresh start for a new month.
Ah, lists. I love them. I’m still going strong in HabitRPG, which conveniently lets me utilize three separate goal lists at a time, and I really like being able to add and subtract to them when I need to. But I also like my tangible, on paper lists of which I can triumphantly scribble items off once completed. I tend to make goal lists in my journal of things I’d like to accomplish throughout the month, and I thought I’d post them here too. Adds to the accountability factor, which I absolutely need sometimes.
- Bake at least three new recipes. Baking is one of my favorite parts of fall, and I’d like to expand from my usual goodies this year!
- Take a big (1 hour +) walk at least three days a week. Lately the little and I have been starting our mornings with a big walk after breakfast, and I have been loving it. It’s something I definitely want to continue.
- Back another Kickstarter project. My indie purchases have taken a nosedive since we bought my new car as our budget is in DO NOT SPEND ANYTHING UNNECESSARY mode, but if possible I’d like to fund a project this month.
- Finally replace the breaking, leaning bookshelf in our bedroom. It’s time. I’ve lived with it for over a year. I want a new bookshelf.
- Complete at least three art Christmas gifts. I know it sounds slightly nutty to be working on Christmas gifts this early (I actually started in August) but if I don’t start my handmade stuff now, I’ll never have time to get it all done. Plus I’m hoping to get some commission in before the holidays.
- Continue my WIP Wednesday posts. I like the every other week scheduling, and I really like having it as a motivator. Whenever I hit an art wall I just think, what will I post for WIP Wednesday??
- Cut back on Can’t Get Enough posts. I like the series, I plan on continuing it, but not regularly. I feel like it will quickly start feeling like I’m just finding stuff to post, and I don’t want it to feel forced. So I’ll keep the series, just on a more sporadic basis.
- Make myself a damn blog button!!! It’s so embarrassing that I still haven’t done this. I feel like it’s kind of a staple of having a blog. But every time I sit down to make one, I just stare. Totally blank. I am so not a graphic designer. But I’m also broke. So I’ll have to come up with something!
- Look into buying sponsor space on other blogs. Obviously, once I’ve completed the above goal. When I started this blog, I never intended it to be for profit. It was more of an outlet for me, to see if I like it. And I love it! And while I’m still not about the numbers, I’d like to bring in some new readers if possible, and I’d love to do that by supporting other blogs in the process.
- Put plans in motion to feature artists. There are so many artists I admire, many of whom I’ve already conversed with on DeviantArt. If possible, I’d love to set up an ‘interview’ with them, and have a feature on my blog. Right now, it’s pretty much just social anxiety stopping me. I am terrified to contact people about it.
- Complete this video game blog challenge. I first saw this on Hello Cynical Badger, and I love the questions. I don’t want to do a post a day, but I’ll group some questions at a time so it’s fulfilled by the end of the month.
Alrighty, that’s a good amount for a month! And now just a quick recap of my new header before I dash. Some of my fall favorites: The ambiance of Halloween, baking all the time, the colors of fall leaves, and hot cups of tea. Have a great month!
6 thoughts on “Goals for September: Blog and Life”
Some great goals! I need to get started on my handmade gifts too! It gets overwhelming with making shop stuff! >_< We are trying to figure out how to budget in a new car too! I'm hoping ours lasts into next year…eek!
I hope it makes it! And I can imagine how busy it must be handmaking gifts and running a shop! I’m balancing mine with commission work, and so far so good, but it always gets to be such a busy time as the holidays approach.
I did the 30 day video game challenge! I had fun doing it, and I liked when Fiona started doing after so I could see someone else’s answers! I like the idea of doing an artist feature, that would be fun to read!
I like the new header, are you planning on doing a new one for each season? This one looks very Fall-y. 😀
As for your blog button maybe I can help you out? I can try and come up with a couple different versions and see if you like any of them? I really wouldn’t mind at all!! Email me if you are interested 🙂
no charge of course! 😀
Seriously?? Thank you so much that’d be amazing!! I love to doodle and draw, but for all my artsy inclination I am useless at design. And yup, for now my blog will be seasonal, and then eventually I’ll probably just start changing it to random things! 🙂
I LOVE your new header! So much autumn goodness. I don’t think it’s crazy at all to be working on Christmas gifts this early. If I could keep surprises under wraps, I would buy everyone’s gifts starting now and over the course of the next few months. I was actually talking to my boyfriend about making a blog button the other night, so it’s funny you’re in the same boat.
Good luck with all of your goals. 🙂
Thanks! I am often terrible about waiting to give presents, but I must persevere this time!!